Tag: Taresa


Saquon Barkley Might Have Gotten Injured At Practice


first_imgSaquon Barkley of the Penn State Nittany Lions warms up before the start of the Big Ten Championship.INDIANAPOLIS, IN – DECEMBER 03: Saquon Barkley #26 of the Penn State Nittany Lions warms up before the start of the Big Ten Championship against the Wisconsin Badgers at Lucas Oil Stadium on December 3, 2016 in Indianapolis, Indiana. (Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)New York Giants rookie running back Saquon Barkley looked fantastic in his first NFL preseason game last week, rushing for 43 yards on four carries that included an impressive 39-yard scamper to kick off his career. Unfortunately, it looks like he may have suffered some kind of injury this Monday at practice.Barkley was reportedly running a wheel route for fellow rookie Kyle Lauletta and extended a bit to haul the pass in. According to reporters on-scene, Barkley might have tweaked something in his leg.He’s reportedly got his left leg wrapped as a result. Giants fans are holding their breath.Barkley was the No. 2 overall pick in this past April’s NFL Draft. The only player taken in front of him was Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield.Keeping Barkley healthy will no doubt be a priority for the Giants moving forward. They can’t afford to have their prized draft pick injured before the season begins.Saquon Barkley was checked by trainers after this big play. Looked as if he came up a bit lame at the end. He was walking around afterward but does have his left leg wrapped now. pic.twitter.com/WmSfMnTd6i— Jordan Raanan (@JordanRaanan) August 13, 2018Play may have come with a cost: Barkley’s left leg is now wrapped. May have tweaked something extending for the pass https://t.co/lei5M3LDb9— Dan Duggan (@DDuggan21) August 13, 2018Last week, Washington Redskins rookie running back Derrius Guice was tackled awkwardly in his team’s game against the New England Patriots. He wound up having a torn ACL.We’ll let you know when the Giants release a statement on his injury. There’s no word yet on the severity.last_img read more


Water Quality Improvements Continue


first_imgRecent reports show that in the last three years, 15 Nova Scotiamunicipalities have improved their water service for customers byreducing or eliminating the incidence of trihalomethanes (THMs)in their water supplies. This represents an improvement of 65 per cent since 2001, when 23municipalities reported THM levels above national guidelines. “Obviously safe, clean drinking water is a top priority, not justfor this government, but also for the municipalities who areresponsible for providing this service,” said Environment andLabour Minister Kerry Morash. “I’m really pleased to see such asignificant improvement, and I know as the Drinking WaterStrategy rolls out, any other issues like this will continue tobe addressed.” A key first-year goal for the strategy is completing assessmentsof municipal water treatment facilities to verify that systemsmeet current environmental standards. Reports are due to becompleted by April 1. The province has accomplished a great deal since releasing itsDrinking Water Strategy in October 2002. It has set up a systemof regular audits of all municipal water systems. About 1,800privately owned public water supplies are registered with thedepartment. It has established a committee with the MunicipalPublic Works Association of Nova Scotia to improve informationsharing and consultation with municipal governments on issuesrelated to water. “Municipalities have put a great deal of time, effort, andresources into addressing THMs, as well as other important waterissues, and it shows. Municipal supplies in Nova Scotia aregenerally in good shape,” said Mr. Morash. “But we always need tokeep improving our systems, so we’re ready to meet changingguidelines and so we can take advantage of improvements intechnology.” THMs are chemical compounds formed when water that is disinfectedwith chlorine reacts with organic material in the water, such astwigs and leaves.last_img read more


Westminster terrorists shocked wife totally condemns his actions


first_imgWe are happy to make this clear and apologise to Rohey Hydara. “Since discovering that it was my son that was responsible, I have shed many tears for the people caught up in this horrendous incident.”I wish to make it absolutely clear, so there can be no doubt, I do not condone his actions nor support the beliefs he held that led to him committing this atrocity.”I wish to thank my friends, family and community from the bottom of my heart for the love and support given to us.”Scotland Yard said that, while it had not found evidence linking Masood to the group, he “clearly” had an interest in jihad.Deputy Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu, the senior national co-ordinator for UK counter-terrorism policing, said: “His attack method appears to be based on low sophistication, low-tech, low-cost techniques copied from other attacks and echoes the rhetoric of IS leaders in terms of methodology and attacking police and civilians, but at this stage I have no evidence he discussed this with others. Rohey Hydara: no connection with Khalid Masood or his actions. She said: “I am so deeply shocked, saddened and numbed by the actions my son has taken that have killed and injured innocent people in Westminster. “I know when, where and how Masood committed his atrocities, but now I need to know why. Most importantly, so do the victims and families.” “There is no evidence that Masood was radicalised in prison in 2003, as has been suggested. This is pure speculation at this time.”While I have found no evidence of an association with IS or AQ (al-Qaeda), there is clearly an interest in jihad.”Mr Basu went on: “There has been much speculation about who Masood was in contact with immediately prior to the attack.”All I will say on this point is that Masood’s communications that day are a main line of inquiry.”If you heard from him on March 22, please come forward now, the information you have may prove important to establishing his state of mind. “I express my condolences to the families of the victims that have died, and wish a speedy recovery to all the injured.”I would like to request privacy for our family, especially the children, at this difficult time.”Masood killed four people in an 82-second rampage in Westminster last Wednesday.The 52-year-old was shot dead by armed police after fatally knifing Pc Keith Palmer, 48, in the Palace of Westminster’s cobbled forecourt.Separate inquests into the deaths of the killer and his victims will begin this week.IS called Ajao “a soldier of the Islamic State” following the attack, but the announcement was greeted with scepticism from commentators, with many noting that the terror group has a record of opportunistically claiming attacks. Correction – Rohey HydaraAn earlier version of this report included a picture that purported to show Rohey Hydara, the wife of Westminster terrorist Adrian Ajao / Khalid Masood.  In fact it showed a different Rohey Hydara, who is married with 5 children, lives in Gambia and has no connection of any kind with Ajao / Masood or the events in Westminster to which this report refers. Scotland Yard has said there is “no evidence” that the Muslim convert was linked to Islamic State or al-Qaeda.His mother said she is “deeply shocked, saddened and numbed” by her son’s actions.Mrs Ajao said she had “shed many tears” for the victims and did not condone the attack or the beliefs that led Masood to commit the “atrocity”. Rohey Hydara: no connection with Khalid Masood or his actions. Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily  Front Page newsletter and new  audio briefings. Reports have claimed that Masood’s phone connected with encrypted messaging service WhatsApp just before the atrocity, sparking debate over authorities’ capacity to intercept suspects’ communications.WhatsApp has said it is “co-operating with law enforcement as they continue their investigations”.On Monday, the family of an American tourist who was killed in the attack said they bore no ill-will over the incident.Kurt and Melissa Cochran, from Utah, were on the final day of a trip to London to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary when they were mown down on Westminster Bridge by Masood’s car.Mr Cochran, 54, was killed and his 46-year-old wife was taken to hospital with a broken leg and rib and a cut to her head.The other victims who died after Masood drove into pedestrians on the bridge were Aysha Frade, a 44-year-old married mother-of-two, and retired window cleaner Leslie Rhodes, 75.Two men arrested in connection with the investigation remain in custody.The inquests for the victims will be opened and adjourned at Westminster coroner’s court on Wednesday at 2pm, Scotland Yard said.Masood’s inquest will opened and adjourned at the same court on Thursday at 2pm.The force declined to comment on reports concerning the speed Masood reached during the attack. The wife of Westminster attacker Khalid Masood says she is “saddened and shocked” by the atrocity, saying she “condemns” his actions.Rohey Hydara spoke out after Masood ‘s mother, Janet Ajao, said she had “shed many tears” for her son’s victims.In a statement released through the Metropolitan Police, Ms Hydara said: “I am saddened and shocked by what Khalid has done. I totally condemn his actions.last_img read more




Recent Comments