Tag: 香草419论坛


India name playing XI for Boxing Day Test vs Australia: Agarwal to debut, Jadeja returns


first_imgIndia announced its playing XI on Tuesday for the third Test against Australia starting in Melbourne on December 26. Team India usually announce the final 12 or 13 before a match and only after the toss they reveal their playing XI but this time around, Virat Kohli’s and team management threw another surprise by announcing a sureshot playing XI a day before the Boxing Day Test. The India-Australia series is well poised at 1-1 after two Test matches with India winning the first in Adelaide and Australia taking the second in Perth.India have made three changes to the squad as KL Rahul, Murali Vijay and Umesh Yadav will have to sit out and the opening combination is set to see a complete alter.Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane form a formidable middle-order followed by Hanuma Vihari and Rishabh Pant, who will don the gloves once again for the Boxing Day Test.The team management meanwhile, decided to include Mayank Agarwal, Rohit Sharma and Ravindra Jadeja in the squad in place of KL Rahul, Murali Vijay and Umesh Yadav. Mayank Agarwal is set to finally make a debut in the Indian team.India name Playing XI for 3rd Test: Virat Kohli (C), Ajinkya Rahane (VC), Mayank Agarwal, Hanuma Vihari, Cheteshwar Pujara, Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant (WK), Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah #TeamIndia #AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/DImj8BVTj5BCCI (@BCCI) December 24, 2018Rahul and Umesh were poor with the bat and ball, respectively, in the second Test match in Perth and hence, will warm the bench now.advertisementRahul has managed just 48 runs in four innings till now while Umesh got just 2 wickets for 139 runs in the second match which India lost by 146 runs.Rahul and Murali Vijay have struggled in Australia in the first two Tests and the lack of runs at the top has intensified pressure on the middle order of a team which has a lengthy tail.”The batsmen definitely need to step up,” Ajinkya Rahane, who has scored 164 from his four innings including two fifties, told reporters ahead of Wednesday’s third Test.”When we discuss the batting unit, that point is very important. Especially when we are abroad, the bowlers have been taking 20 wickets since South Africa, so if the batsmen help the bowlers the results will be favouring us,” the Indian Test vice-captain added.The fast bowlers meanwhile, have been retained as it was a no-brainer owing to their superb performances in the series so far.Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami will continue to lead the pace attack.India name Playing XI for 3rd Test: Virat Kohli (C), Ajinkya Rahane (VC), Mayank Agarwal, Hanuma Vihari, Cheteshwar Pujara, Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant (WK), Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Jasprit BumrahLast time India and Australia played in a Boxing Day Test, it was a lifeless MCG pitch and the match ended in a draw.Virat Kohli, however, was optimistic that there was enough on the pitch to ensure a result.”Seeing the pitch now, it has much more grass than it had last time,” Kohli told reporters before the playing XI was announced.”I hope that it’s a lively pitch. I hope that it does as much as it did in the first two games because as a side, you know you’re always in for a result that way.”The surface, what I saw yesterday looked pretty dry underneath. There’s a good coverage of grass which should keep the surface intact.”I think it should have enough for the bowlers to be interested on all days of the Test match and hopefully it’s a much more lively wicket than the last time we played here.”Also Read | Hardik Pandya back in India ODI squad, MS Dhoni returns to T20I sideAlso Read | Fans stunned after KL Rahul named in ODI and T20I squads despite Test failuresAlso See:last_img read more


9 months agoCrystal Palace new suitor for Chelsea striker Batshuayi


first_imgCrystal Palace new suitor for Chelsea striker Batshuayiby Ansser Sadiq9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveCrystal Palace have emerged as a destination for Michy Batshuayi.The Belgian attacker is leaving Valencia, with his loan cut short due to poor performances.He is wanted by both Palace and Everton in the Premier League, per the Evening Standard.Chelsea are likely to be happy with a loan, as they do want to try and bring up the player’s value ahead of the summer.Reports suggest Everton would offer £14 million for a permanent transfer, but that amount is considered too low for Chelsea to accept. TagsTransfersAbout the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your saylast_img


3 days agoAtletico Madrid coach Simeone happy with ‘passion’ beating Bayer Leverkusen


first_imgAtletico Madrid coach Simeone happy with ‘passion’ beating Bayer Leverkusenby Carlos Volcano3 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveAtletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone was happy to scrape a 1-0 victory over Champions League opponents Bayer Leverkusen.Alvaro Morata proved the matchwinner on the day.”I feel good when I see passion and today the team had passion,” said Simeone.”We can play well or poorly, but there’s a path.”We’re close to doing things well.”Some of that passion boiled over into whistles from the fans in the stands, but the coach wasn’t too worried about that.”People are spontaneous,” he said.”We have to try to turn those whistles into applause.”He added: “Anxiety’s normal, the team grew in confidence. We saw some good things tonight although we have to improve when we are in or close to the opponents’ box. It’s not easy for any team because all of our rivals defend well.” About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more


Photo: Ohio State Fans Carved “Block O” Into Tree Stump


first_imgOhio State Buckeye fans doing the "O-H-I-O" chant.COLUMBUS, OH – SEPTEMBER 27: Ohio State Buckeyes fans cheer on their team against the Minnesota Golden Gophers on September 27, 2008 at Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio. (Photo by Jamie Sabau/Getty Images)College football fans often come up with creative ways to show their team pride. Apparently that includes turning tree stumps into advertisements.An OSU supporter named Jenny Lorbach tweeted out a photo of a tree stump in her backyard, which had been carved into the Buckeyes’ “Block O” logo, featuring with the words “Ohio State” and a buckeye leaf. It also reads “Go Bucks” underneath – check it out:Our favorite addition to the backyard! @Ohio_State @OhioStAthletics pic.twitter.com/pklsVP5rBm— Jenny (@JenLorbach) July 21, 2015It’s well-done, to say the least. But is it better than the Texas “Hook ‘Em” tree stump we saw last year? You be the judge.last_img read more


Concerns grow over the use of a herbicide in New Brunswick


first_imgAPTN National NewsThe New Brunswick government spends over $2 million annually to spay over forested areas of Crown land.Glyphosate, also known as Round-up or Vision, is the most commonly used herbicide on the planet.In forestry, clearcutting and the use of herbicides go hand-in-hand.APTN’s Trina Roache has the story.last_img


BC OGC launches groundwater monitoring research project in Northeast BC


first_imgFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. — The BC Oil and Gas Commission announced today that it will be teaming up with Geoscience BC, the University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, and the University of Calgary on a research project to install 30 new groundwater monitoring wells in the Peace Region.Starting this summer, a team led by UBC’s Energy and Environment Research Initiative, with collaboration from the OGC and Geoscience BC, will drill a total of 30 wells as part of the groundwater monitoring network in the Peace Region. The first eight monitoring wells will be drilled this summer, with more wells to be drilled in the spring and fall of 2019 before the project concludes in 2020.Samples will be taken at regular intervals to see if methane is present in Northeast B.C. groundwater, and if so, how much, what its origins are, and its prevalence in areas near oil and gas development. “Potential impacts to groundwater from energy resource development are controversial and scientifically-based answers to many questions related to this are needed,” said the project’s principal investigator Dr. Aaron Cahill, who is also co-director of UBC’s Energy and Environment Research Initiative. “In particular, more information is needed on groundwater conditions in areas of resource development in B.C., including levels of methane and other hydrocarbons close to oil and gas wells. This new research project will generate high quality scientific data to address concerns related to resource development in the Peace Region.”Oil and Gas Commissioner Paul Jeakins added that the data gathered from the project will give the Commission more information, and therefore strengthen its oversight of the oil and gas industry.last_img read more


MLA Bernier concerned about impact of ALR recommendations on oil and gas


first_imgBernier said that one of his chief concerns is the potential ramifications for the natural gas extraction industry due to the upcoming final investment decision from LNG Canada, which is anticipated to occur before the end of the year.“The last thing we need is to be raising more red flags that could stand in the way of building TransCanada’s Coastal GasLink pipeline,” he added. DAWSON CREEK, B.C. – Peace River South MLA Mike Bernier says he’s concerned about some of the recommendations that were made to Agriculture Minister Lana Popham in an interim report by an advisory committee looking into revitalizing the Agricultural Land Commission and Agricultural Land Reserve, saying that those recommendations could have a negative impact on the Peace Region’s oil and gas industry.The committee’s interim report, released last Wednesday, identified 13 recommendations for legislative and regulatory change, as well as four recommendations for action to protect the ALR.The committee also identified 14 key issues that are still under consideration for its final report. Among the recommendations for action to protect the ALR, the committee made two recommendations to mitigate the impacts of oil and gas activity on agricultural lands.The committee recommended that a Deputy Minister-level multi-agency and multi-jurisdictional task force to develop a strategy focused on how a balance can be achieved between agriculture and oil and gas extraction, as well as for the ALC to have an increased presence in Northern B.C.“The Committee has previously noted that it is imperative there be a government-wide policy shift in identifying agricultural land and industry as a resource equivalent to other resources, and oil and gas is no exception,” reads the report. “It is essential an ‘agriculture-first’ approach be applied to the ALR in the Northeast.”The report goes on to say that, “The development of the energy sector has exceeded the capacity of the current regulatory environment to protect farmland. The impacts of oil and gas extraction on agricultural land and farm businesses in Northeast B.C. have reached a breaking point. Cumulative impacts over the last decade from accelerating oil and gas development have rendered portions of agricultural lands unusable and others difficult to farm. With continued changes in extraction and processing methods along with the pace and scale of development, these activities that were once considered temporary are no longer. Instead they are permanent industrial sites built on farmland and next to farm communities.”However, Bernier says that the committee’s report contains recommendations that would seek to undo changes that were made by the previous Liberal government in 2014 which he says gives farmers with ALR land more flexibility.“For over fifty years both industries have operated side by side in harmony and without major incident,” said Bernier. “Four years ago the previous government divided the ALR into two separate zones in order to recognize regional differences and give farmers more opportunities to make money on their land. The Minister of Agriculture’s Advisory Committee for Revitalizing the ALR wants to change all that, and quite a bit more.”last_img read more


Court to hear on May 1 plea against Gautam Gambhir for allegedly having two voter IDs


first_imgNew Delhi: A Delhi court Friday said it will hear on May 1 a criminal complaint filed by AAP leader Atishi against former cricketer and BJP candidate Gautam Gambhir for allegedly enrolling as a voter in more than one constituency in violation of the Representation of the People Act (RPA). The complaint seeking directions to police to investigate the matter has been put up for consideration before Metropolitan Magistrate Viplav Dabas. The complaint has alleged that Gambhir, the East Delhi BJP candidate, has enrolled “deliberately” and “illegally” as voter in at least two separate constituencies here — Karol Bagh and Rajinder Nagar. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss account details under automatic exchange framework The plea, filed by advocate Mohd Irshad on Thursday, further alleged that Gambhir has provided false information in his nomination papers, accompanying affidavit and other documents preceding voter screening and registration in order to be seen as qualified to contest elections and potentially secure a membership of the Parliament. Complainant Atishi, who is the AAP candidate from the same constituency, has said in the complaint that the details of Gambhir’s registration in the constituencies were available online on the Election Commission’s National Voters’ Service Portal. Also Read – Trio win Nobel Medicine Prize for work on cells, oxygen The complaint has sought directions to the Delhi police to investigate offences under sections 17 and 31 of the RPA, 1950, and section 125A (penalty for filing false affidavit) of RPA, 1951. Section 17 of the RPA, provides that no person is entitled to be enrolled as a voter in more than one constituency and its violation was a criminal offence punishable with maximum of one year imprisonment. Section 31 of the Act makes false declaration in the matter of inclusion or exclusion of voter rolls punishable with up to one year in prison. “It is clear that the Gambhir has made and continues to provide false information/statements/ declarations to the relevant authorities like the Election Commission of India in order to obtain and retain enrolments as a voter in two constituencies” the complaint alleged. Both Atishi and Gambhir filed earlier this week their nominations papers for the elections on May 12.last_img read more


Which NBA Coach Is Next On The Chopping Block


Welcome to The Lab, FiveThirtyEight’s basketball podcast. The Los Angeles Clippers announced Tuesday that All-Star forward Blake Griffin has sprained his MCL and could be out for two months. On this week’s show (Nov. 30, 2017), Neil, Chris and Kyle break down how this could affect the once-promising team and whether there’s any hope for the rest of the Clippers’ season. On Monday, the Memphis Grizzlies fired head coach David Fizdale after the team lost eight straight games. The news took the league by surprise, with many players and coaches speaking out against the firing. We take a look at why Fizdale was fired now and which other coaches might be in trouble. Plus, a small-sample-size segment on the Portland Trail Blazers.Here are links to what we discussed this week:Keep an eye on our 2017-18 NBA predictions, updated after every game.Over at The Ringer, Kevin O’Connor asked, “Where do the Grizzlies go from here?”Kyle took a look at the NBA’s best defenders. More: Apple Podcasts | ESPN App | RSS | Embed Embed Code By Neil Paine, Chris Herring and Kyle Wagner read more


Spalletti impressed with Inters mentality


first_imgLuciano Spalletti praised the performance of both Inter Milan and Benevento despite thrashing the opposition 6-2 to book a date with Lazio FC.Inter seemed to be on a smooth ride when they went 2-0 up within six minutes, but Benevento netted twice to reduce the deficit after Spalletti’s men went on a scoring spree“I told (Benevento Coach Cristian) Bucchi after the final whistle that he ought to be proud of that performance,” Spalletti said on Inter TV and cited on Football Italia.“When we went 4-0 up, there was the risk they would stop playing and our attitude was one of assuming it was over, but they constantly pushed forward to harass us off the ball. It was a real game and a difficult one.“I compliment my team because they proved themselves very professional in their approach during the week building up to it. There is the risk of getting distracted and embarrassed, the way we were last year, so this result is a step forward.Romelu Lukaku, Inter MilanLukaku backed to beat Ronaldo in Serie A scoring charts Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Former Inter Milan star Andy van der Meyde is confident Romelu Lukaku will outscore Cristiano Ronaldo in this season’s Serie A.“I was impressed with the players who haven’t been on the field as much this season, such as Andrea Ranocchia, Daniele Padelli, Antonio Candreva, and Roberto Gagliardini.”It was a strange atmosphere at San Siro, as the game was played behind closed doors as punishment for repeated racist chanting from Inter fans.“It was not really a match,” said Spalletti. “This is not sport or the kind of spectacle we want to see. It is not football, it is not entertainment. Nobody wants to be in a stadium with that atmosphere.”The Nerazzurri go forward and will face Lazio in the quarter-final later this month.last_img read more




Recent Comments