The European Commission, as part of its drive to allow European Union workers to move freely within the union, has asked the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) for advice and information on the transferability of supplementary pension rights. Michel Servoz, director-general of the Commission’s employment, social affairs and inclusion directorate, wrote to EIOPA chair Gabriel Bernardino to find out about the current state of affairs for transfers of acquired supplementary pension rights between occupational pension schemes in different member states.The information was to cover transfers within the country, as well as cross-border transfers, he said, suggesting EIOPA could flag good practices related to transfers. EIOPA was also asked for quantitative data on transfers of pension assets within the countries and across borders, if available. In addition to this, Servoz asked the authority to pinpoint the main obstacles that were affecting – or preventing – transfers, both within countries and across borders. In his letter, Servoz said the Commission, the European Parliament and the Council had been actively trying to ease worker mobility in the EU.A key step in this is the “Directive on minimum requirements for enhancing worker mobility by improving the acquisition and preservation of supplementary pension rights”, he said. The directive was adopted by the European Parliament and the Council two months ago, he said, adding that it did not involve minimum requirements on the transferability of these pension rights. “Nevertheless, pension transferability remains an important aspect of worker mobility, and member states are encouraged to improve the transferability of vested pension rights,” he said. Servoz welcomed EIOPA’s planned report on good practices on portability of occupational pension rights, and his request for advice on the topic was within the scope of that work, he said. “The objective is to inform possible future debates on the transferability of supplementary pension rights,” he said.Servoz said the Commission wanted EIOPA’s findings by the middle of 2015.
Two health workers from the citygovernment have undergone training with the DOH on how to deal with the saidmedical emergency. Councilor Cindy Rojas, chairperson ofthe committee on health, urged the public to buy only the necessary number offacemasks and let others acquire them, too. Bacolod City – Following the Department of Health’s (DOH) announcement ofthe first confirmed case of the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019 nCoV) in thecountry, residents in this city have reportedly started “panic-buying”facemasks from local pharmacies. Shopkeepers and pharmacists ofdrugstores from across the metro said their supply of both flu and N95 maskshas sold out since Jan. 30 up to this writing. Meanwhile, Executive AssistantJoemarie Vargas, cluster head of the City Disaster Risk Reduction ManagementOffice, said they have started their preparations against the 2019-nCoV and thecity’s ambulance has been designated to transport any patients who showedsuspected signs of the coronavirus infection. Rojas warned those who plan to takeadvantage of the situation to stop as the city government aims to deploypersonnel that will monitor the prices of the masks. Rojas and Vargas encouraged the publicto remain calm as they assured residents that the city government is conductingmeasures to prevent the entry of the virus in Negros Occidental. On Thursday, Health secretaryFrancisco Duque III confirmed the first case of the 2019-nCoV from a Chinesepatient from Wuhan, China who was confined at a hospital in Manila./PN
January 4, 2018 Police Blotter010419 Decatur County Law Report010419 Decatur County EMS Report010419 Decatur County Fire Report010419 Decatur County Jail Report010419 Batesville Police Blotter