Nick Kyrgios said a stomach bug and a shoulder problem had forced him to retire after losing the first set in his Shanghai Masters first-round match against American Steve Johnson on Tuesday.The mercurial Australian, who lost to Rafa Nadal in the China Open final on Sunday, took a 4-2 lead in the tiebreak before Johnson fired a series of winners to take the set 7-6(5).Kyrgios then ran up to his opponent, shook his hand and walked off court to boos from the crowd, leaving Johnson and chair umpire Fergus Murphy confused.Local media reported that Kyrgios received two code violations during the set and was docked a point in the tiebreak.Reports also said he told officials he would quit if he lost the set, but Kyrgios took to Twitter to apologise to his fans.”I’ve been battling a stomach bug for the past 24 hours and I tried to be ready but I was really struggling on the court today which I think was pretty evident from the first point,” Kyrgios said.”My shoulder started to hurt in the practice which didn’t help either and once I lost the first set I was just not strong enough to continue because I’ve not eaten much in the past 24 hours,” he added.”I’m hoping to be okay for the doubles and will make a decision tomorrow morning, hopefully off of a good night’s sleep which I didn’t get last night.”I’m gutted to be honest to be honest as I was keen to keep the good momentum that I built in Beijing going and finish the year strong. I’ll do what I can to make sure I do.”advertisementKyrgios was fined $16,500 by the ATP last year for deliberately throwing a game away during his second-round defeat by Mischa Zverev in Shanghai.Argentine Juan Martin del Potro overpowered Russian teenager Andrey Rublev 6-3, 6-4 in the second round.American Sam Querrey powered past Yuichi Sugita 6-3, 6-2 and Canadian teenager Denis Shapovalov beat Viktor Troicki 6-7(3), 6-3, 6-0 in first-round matches.
A case has been filed on Friday against the man who breaching the security cordon during the first day of the Hyderabad Test between India and West Indies to meet captain India and click a selfie with him.19-year-old Mohammad Khan managed to enter the field of play to click a selfie with Kohli. He reached Kohli, who was fielding at short mid-on, to click a picture with the superstar cricketer.The incident took place at the end of the 15th over which caused a delay in proceedings as Ravichandran Ashwin waited to start his sixth over.India vs West Indies Live Score 2nd Test Day 2Now a case has been filed against Khan, who belongs to Kadapa District of Andhra Pradesh, for trespassing, said Police inspector P Venkateswarlu.As the fan came to Kohli trying to hug him, the Indian captain was seen trying to avoid his hug after which the security personnel came and took him away.Hyderabad Test: Day 1 Highlights | Scorecard | Report | PhotosThe interruption gave the umpires the opportunity to call for drinks with the West Indies score reading 40 for 1 (Kraigg Brathwaite 12*, Shai Hope 6*) after Jason Holder won the toss and opted to bat first.During the drinks break, Kohli was seen having a heated argument with the security.This is the second time in successive Test matches that a fan has interrupted play to click a selfie with Kohli after the incident in Rajkot, where two youngsters did the same with the Delhi batsman.READ – Shardul Thakur becomes India’s 294th Test cricketer and then walks off with groin injuryadvertisementAs India dominated proceedings against the Windies on the first day of the Rajkot Test match, two young men rushed to the pitch to meet Kohli.The two men ran on to the ground and tried to click selfies with Kohli, who was standing on the middle of the pitch.Also read – Hyderabad Test: How Umesh Yadav battled on despite Shardul setbackOn that occasion, Kohli posed for the photos for a second before the umpires intervened and asked them to go away as play had to be resumed. They were escorted off the ground by two security officials.Kohli was unfazed by the abrupt stop of play and carried on after the incident as India piled on the misery on the West Indian bowlers. India manage to win that match by an innings and 272 runs to take a 1-0 lead in the 2-match series.(With PTI inputs)
Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, June 2, 2016 – It was a fantastic turn out on National Heroes Day as hundreds participated in the Taxi Union’s motorcade to honor the late Right Excellent James Alexander George Smith McCartney, the country’s first and only national hero. Right Excellent JAGS’ image and the Turks and Caicos Flag were creatively displayed in this fourth annual event on vehicles from taxis to cars, SUVs and trucks, even scooters were on the parade. Families from across the island, civic, church and political leaders all turned out. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp One driver expressed the wide sentiment at this festive display of national pride. “It’s all about JAGS McCartney, we love it, happy National Heroes Day Turks and Caicos.”The motorcade was followed by fun at the down town ball park.