Show Closed This production ended its run on Jan. 8, 2017 About the Artist: With a desire to celebrate the magic of live theater and those who create it, and with a deep reverence for such touchstones as the work of Al Hirschfeld and the wall at Sardi’s, Squigs is happy and grateful to be among those carrying on the traditions where theater and caricature meet. He was born and raised in Oregon, lived in Los Angeles for quite a long time and now calls New York City his home. Simon McBurney’s one-man show The Encounter opens officially on September 29 at the Golden Theatre. The play has audiences wear headphones to create a multi-sensory, sweeping experience.To commemorate the new arrival on the Great White Way, Broadway.com Resident Artist Justin “Squigs” Robertson penned this sketch of McBurney(s) in action. Among the multitudes of Simon are his daughter, members of the Mayoruna tribe and his binaural, head-shaped microphone.Broadway.com wishes the whole team at The Encounter a happy opening. May your run be full of energy, joy and water bottles. View Comments Related Shows The Encounter © Justin “Squigs” Robertson
ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr continue reading » Greetings Compliance Friends!Following NCUA’s final rule on voluntary mergers earlier this year (covered in a previous NAFCU Blog), the NAFCU Compliance Team has received a number of merger-related questions on a variety of topics, so I thought it may be pertinent to merge round up a few for today’s blog. Here’s some food for thought before we get started:Question 1 – If an individual is a member of both credit unions prior to a merger, will the amount of available share insurance need to be recalculated in their account at the surviving credit union?
Among the young immigrants who would be eligible for relief if the program is fully reopened would be Johana Larios, a Make the Road New York member and plaintiff in Batalla Vidal v. Wolf. She called the decision, “an incredible victory for DACA recipients and first-time applicants like me.”“DACA has opened so many opportunities for hundreds of thousands of youth and now I hope to be able to go through with my application,” she said in the Make the Road New York statement. “With DACA I hope to be able to return to school, and feel safe from being separated from my young children.” That’s what this administration has spent years trying to block through its attacks on DACA—and done it on legally shaky ground.It was only after the Government Accountability Office (GAO) found that Unlawful Chad was unlawfully installed that the administration bothered to officially submit his nomination. Now just weeks away from the end of this godforsaken administration, it’s still reportedly trying to push it through, likely solely because of decisions like Judge Nicholas Garaufis’ this past weekend.- Advertisement – “The court has reaffirmed what we always knew: Chad Wolf was not authorized to perform the functions of an acting secretary when he issued the July 28 DACA Memo,” National Immigration Law Center staff attorney Trudy S. Rebert said in the statement. “This is a victory for our courageous plaintiffs, DACA-eligible youth across the country, and all of our communities. We remain steadfast in our commitment to ensure that the Trump administration is accountable to the law and immigrant youth remain safe and have the freedom to thrive here at home.”CBS News reported that DHS slammed Garaufis as an “activist judge” and claimed it’s “exploring its options to ensure its review of DACA continues as intended,” possibly signaling it’s ready to defy more court orders. Why none of these motherfuckers haven’t been thrown in jail for contempt is beyond me, folks. But what I do know is that no matter what else the Trump administration tries, the incoming Biden administration has confirmed it intends to act on protecting young undocumented immigrants come Jan. 20.“We have a big stack of business for day one already,” incoming White House Chief of Staff Ronald Klain said this past weekend according to Chicago Sun-Times. “We’re going to rejoin Paris, we’re going to protect the Dreamers on day one, we’re going to take other action on health care on day one that the president-elect’s talked about during the campaign. So, we’ve got a busy, busy day one on ready scenario here.”- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Unlawful Chad should have reopened DACA to new applicants following the Supreme Court’s historic decision last June finding the Trump administration unlawfully ended the program in September 2017, but this coifed mini-fascist instead ignored it and issued the memo rejecting new applicants and slashing protections for current and former enrollees from two years to just one. “The plaintiffs asked the court to invalidate this latest attack on DACA so that the government would be required to process first-time DACA applications, two-year renewals, and advance parole requests,” plaintiff Make the Road New York said in a statement received by Daily Kos. “The court’s ruling today now makes that relief likely.” Tumlin said in a tweet on Monday that parties are scheduled to return to court on Wednesday to discuss next steps. – Advertisement –
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Forgot Password ? Google Topics : Businesspeople have sought to defend the recently passed Job Creation Law days after 11 ministers did so, claiming that the regulation will uphold labor rights and will address high labor costs and productivity issues.Indonesian Employer Association (Apindo) chair Hariyadi Sukamdani said on Friday that issues preventing businesses from employing more people formed the background of the drafting and deliberation of the omnibus law. He said the legislation aimed to redress a long-term decline in employment.“In the span of 17 years since Law No. 13/2003 on labor was passed, a significant decline in employment has taken place,” he said in a virtual discussion held by the association. “This is in contrast to the growth of our workforce, which has increased by more than 2 million people every year.”From February 2019 to February of this year, 1.73 million In… Facebook Linkedin Log in with your social account LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here APINDO job-creation-law Omnibus-Law-on-Job-Creation investment labor-law unemployment productivity Jokowi
The European Commission, as part of its drive to allow European Union workers to move freely within the union, has asked the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) for advice and information on the transferability of supplementary pension rights. Michel Servoz, director-general of the Commission’s employment, social affairs and inclusion directorate, wrote to EIOPA chair Gabriel Bernardino to find out about the current state of affairs for transfers of acquired supplementary pension rights between occupational pension schemes in different member states.The information was to cover transfers within the country, as well as cross-border transfers, he said, suggesting EIOPA could flag good practices related to transfers. EIOPA was also asked for quantitative data on transfers of pension assets within the countries and across borders, if available. In addition to this, Servoz asked the authority to pinpoint the main obstacles that were affecting – or preventing – transfers, both within countries and across borders. In his letter, Servoz said the Commission, the European Parliament and the Council had been actively trying to ease worker mobility in the EU.A key step in this is the “Directive on minimum requirements for enhancing worker mobility by improving the acquisition and preservation of supplementary pension rights”, he said. The directive was adopted by the European Parliament and the Council two months ago, he said, adding that it did not involve minimum requirements on the transferability of these pension rights. “Nevertheless, pension transferability remains an important aspect of worker mobility, and member states are encouraged to improve the transferability of vested pension rights,” he said. Servoz welcomed EIOPA’s planned report on good practices on portability of occupational pension rights, and his request for advice on the topic was within the scope of that work, he said. “The objective is to inform possible future debates on the transferability of supplementary pension rights,” he said.Servoz said the Commission wanted EIOPA’s findings by the middle of 2015.
The pension fund for Italy’s Banco di Napoli is tendering two €45m equity mandates, targeting managers of Asia-Pacific and US stocks.The €693m fund said it was looking to award four contracts in total – two covering the defined benefit section of fund, and two covering its defined contribution scheme.All four contracts will run for three years, according to Banco di Napoli, which added that managers would be allowed to invest only in listed equities in the two selected markets.For the sake of liquidity management, however, the pension fund will allow temporary exposure to money market funds denominated in euros. Interested managers have until 4 April to respond to the request for proposal published on the Banco di Napoli fund’s website.In other news, the UK National Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) Framework has tendered a framework agreement covering advice for asset pooling, as well as actuarial advice.The initiative, supported by seven funds including the administering authority behind Norfolk Pension Fund, is split into four distinct lots covering actuarial services, benefits consultancy, provision of governance consultancy and distinct pieces of pensions-related project work.The last lot allows for the tendering of advice regarding the creation of asset pools, being launched by the LGPS in the wake of the UK government’s attempts to increase scale within the sector in England and Wales.The lot would also allow funds across the UK to appoint specialists able to help them comply with the new regulatory requirements imposed by the Pensions Regulator.The four-year mandate, which could run for up to seven years, could be worth up to £350m (€448m) in payments to third parties.Interested parties have until 11 April to apply (the deadline was later extended to 15 April in connection with an amendment of the short description in the contract notice – a formal matter).
LEANWIND, a project funded by the European Union that started in December 2013, has come to an end. The LEANWIND team marked the closing by issuing the final project publication covering project results.Led by a 31-partner consortium, the EUR 15 million worth LEANWIND (Logistic Efficiencies And Naval architecture for Wind Installations with Novel Developments) project was backed with EUR 10 million provided by the European Commission.The project’s primary objective has been to provide cost reductions across the offshore wind farm lifecycle and supply chain through the application of lean principles and the development of state of the art technologies and tools. LEANWIND was broken down into 10 different work packages ranging from technical management, novel vessels equipment, to integrated logistics and economic and market assessment, among others.
The Cove Point facility began producing LNG in March 2018 and shipped its first commercial cargo of the fuel in the following month. The facility produces chilled fuel for ST Cove Point, the joint venture of Japan’s Sumitomo Corporation and Tokyo Gas, and for India’s GAIL under 20-year contracts. The $4 billion Cove Point facility has a nameplate capacity of 5.25 million tonnes per year. Image courtesy of Dominion Energy The service impact “only applies to firm peaking service (FPS) service”, it said. Dominion Energy said it plans to conduct maintenance at its Cove Point liquefied natural gas export plant in Maryland next month. The Cove Point operator said in a customer notice that it will shut down the plant’s small liquefier as part of planned maintenance from June 2-15 adding that the work will not affect LNG exports. Dominion loaded and shipped the 100th cargo from the plant in November 2019.
32 Views no discussions Share Tweet It’s an unusually early forecast of the potential formation of a tropical weather system about 460 miles northeast of Puerto Rico.According to a “special tropical weather outlook” issued Wednesday afternoon, the low pressure system has developed shower and thunderstorm activity near its center and satellite data and ship reports indicate gale-force winds north of the center.Slow development of the system is possible during the next few days as it moves west northwest at about 10 mph.Forecasters say there is a low chance, about 20 percent, of the system developing into a subtropical or tropical cyclone before conditions become less favorable in about 48 hours.It is unusual to have a subtropical or tropical cyclone form this early in the year. The Atlantic hurricane season begins on June 1.Source: Nola.com Share Sharing is caring! Share LifestyleNewsRegionalTravel First tropical weather bulletin of the 2011 hurricane season is issued by: – April 20, 2011