Recommended for you Airports Authority commanded to protect South Caicos airport by airline State of Emergency Declared for South Caicos Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 28 Oct 2015 – South Caicos residents are paying considerably higher fares for domestic air travel due to a change in the schedule at InterCaribbean Airways. Recently, Member of Parliament for the District, Hon Norman Saunders responded to the question on the issue on RTC radio and said it is a grave inconvenience which even impacts patients at the hospital. “Because now instead of getting to Grand Turk even at 10 o’ clock which is considered late for many things that South Caicos residents would want to do in Grand Turk, you cannot get to Grand Turk before 11 o’ clock now.”Hon Saunders continued, “the arrangement the government had was that South Caicos patients visiting the Grand Turk hospital would normally go up in the morning and come back in the afternoon. That is almost impossible now, they will not get to Grand Turk before 11 o’clock and depending on the circumstances they will have to overnight so that is an extra cost for the Government.”The Member is calling on Government to intervene; calling the situation ‘drastic’. The Premier had promised that he would get all of the stakeholders together to resolve the issue. The change was conveyed to Saunders days before it took effect on October 11. Airline tickets are as much as $100 more for travel out of South Caicos. Related Items:Intercaribbean Airways, norman saunders, south caicos Teen dies mysteriously in South Caicos, Police investigate Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO – (KUSI) A brush fire erupted on the western side of MCAS Miramar, near the 805 Freeway. Fire crews have been battling the blaze since lunchtime.The fire is about 90 percent contained and only burned about 2 acres, but that’s because of the fire crews working fast over a three hour period. Flames could have easily spread to Miramar National Cemetery.Officials stated the fire is under control, but expect to be there until it is fully contained.No structures, including the cemetery, and no injuries have been reported at this time. Firefighters Quickly Surround Fire Between La Jolla and Miramar Ashlie Rodriguez, Ashlie Rodriguez July 30, 2018 Posted: July 30, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News, Wildfires FacebookTwitter
OK! magazine has named Stephen Gregory Barr as publisher, replacing Lori Burgess, who left the magazine last month to serve as publisher at The Hollywood Reporter. Previously, Barr served as associate publisher of sales and marketing at VIV Magazine.Playboy Enterprises elected global investor Kai-Shing Tao to its board of directors. The company says Tao’s experiences and investments in Asia and emerging markets will be “great assets” for Playboy.Keith Sedlak was elected chairman of the Custom Content Council. Sedlakserves as chief marketing officer of Meredith Integrated Marketing. F+W Media named Nancy Soriano publisher and community leader for its Crafts business. Previously, Soriano served as editor-in-chief of Country Living magazine. Her appointment is effective May 27.Cara Deoul Perl was appointed vice president and creative director of corporate sales and marketing at Time Inc. Most recently, Perl served as vice president of creative marketing at the Condé Nast Media Group.Tuscaloosa, Alabama-based Randall-Reilly promoted Michael Newman to the newly-created position of director of interactive marketing, construction. Previously, Newman served as electronic media manager for Equipment World magazine.
Japan’s SoftBank Corp, together with Bharti Enterprises and Taiwan’s Foxconn, will invest about $20 billion in solar projects in India, in one of the biggest investment pledges to date in the country’s renewable energy sector.SoftBank, which previously said it would invest $10 billion in India over time, said on Monday the companies had agreed a minimum commitment of generating 20 gigawatts of energy.SoftBank will have majority control in the newly formed company, SBG Cleantech, with Bharti and Foxconn as minority stakeholders.”India has two times the sunshine (of) Japan,” Softbank Chief Executive Masayoshi Son told reporters in a conference.”The cost of construction of the solar park is half of Japan. Twice the sunshine, half the cost, that means four times the efficiency.”Son said the timeline for investments would depend on state and central governments and on acquiring land needed for the plants.The rapidly falling cost of solar power, expected to reach parity with conventional energy by 2017, has ignited interest in its potential in India, as the country steps up its own efforts to encourage investment in renewable energy.Despite more than 300 days of sunshine a year, India relies on coal for three-fifths of its energy needs, while solar supplies less than 1 percent.Prime Minister Narendra Modi has looked to industry for help in funding what government advisers hope will be a $160 billion push into renewable energy over five years.Modi aims to make India one of the world’s largest renewable energy markets, targeting 100,000 MW of output by 2022 from just 3,000 MW currently. But analysts say India’s target will be difficult to reach, given weak finances of electricity distribution companies that would buy in solar energy and the slow pace at which land for plants is made available.On Monday, Son said Foxconn would help with planned solar equipment for the projects. The companies are looking at manufacturing equipment in India, a further boon for Modi who has sought to boost the portion of equipment made at home.”India can become probably the largest country for solar energy,” Son said.
1st span of Padma bridge installed on Saturday. Photo: Sazid HossainThe span installation work of the Padma Multipurpose Bridge began today, Saturday, with the first-ever span of the much-talked-about bridge installed around 10:15am this morning.The span was installed on pillar No. 37 and 38 at Jazira end of Shariatpur.Road transport and bridges minister Obaidul Quader was present at the site and inspected the work himself.According to the bridges division of the road transport and bridges ministry, the 150-metre wide span weighing over 3,000 tonnes was hooked onto a crane on Sunday last and it took two days to take the span to the certain place.Bridges division officials said as much as 42 such spans will be installed to build the bridge.They said the construction work of some 16 pillars is currently underway.