Tag: 上海419新上海419龙凤网


TCI Rugby seeking sponsors


first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Members of the Executive and TCI players will be attending, there will be a brief presentation detailing how funds are invested, and there will be an opportunity to sign up to new annual sponsorship packages – the the TCIRFU told me to tell you to  please come down with your cheque book in hand to invest in rugby in TCI! Providenciales, TCI, September 9, 2016 – TONIGHT Turks and Caicos Rugby cordially invites all potential donors and sponsors old and new to a “thank you” evening from 6 to 8 at the offices of Meridian Trust, Provo. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:be a sponsor of TCI rugby, Turks and Caicos Rugbylast_img


City Council sides with unions backs effort to strike Prop B from


first_img June 10, 2019 Updated: 10:18 PM I look forward to supporting those willing to continue to fight to keep pension reform the law in San Diego. 4/4 cc— Chris Cate (@chrisjcate) June 10, 2019 KUSI Newsroom, 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The San Diego City Council voted 6-3 in closed session Monday to join a coalition of four local labor unions in their effort to strip 2012’s Proposition B pension reform initiative from the city charter.The group of labor unions, headed by the Municipal Employees Association, which represents city workers, intend to begin a quo warranto process to have the initiative struck from the charter. Because the council cannot override the voters’ approval of Proposition B, only a court or a second vote on an upcoming ballot can remove the initiative.The process is likely to begin at a lower court level, assuming an approval by state Attorney General Xavier Becerra, who must sign off on the city and unions’ quo warranto request. The initiative’s backers, which include Mayor Kevin Faulconer, could also continue the legal fight to keep it in the charter, launching another lengthy process of appeals up through the court system.The state Supreme Court ruled last year that Proposition B was placed on the ballot by then-Mayor Jerry Sanders and not simply a coalition of voters, making it subject to state labor laws. Sanders violated state law by avoiding negotiations with local unions while drafting the initiative, which is required under the 1968 Meyers-Milias-Brown Act when an initiative affects the benefits of union workers, the state’s high court found.Proposition B’s supporters, including the city at that time, filed an appeal with the U.S. Supreme Court, which declined to take the case, leaving the state court’s ruling in place.“Yes, 150,000 voters said `yes’ on Prop. B and another 80,000 said `no,’ so you have 234,000 people who said anything about Prop. B,” MEA attorney Ann Smith told the council. “You, on the other hand, have 1.4 million residents in this city to serve and you have to care about what is in their best interest; that’s your job.”A state appellate court also ruled earlier this year that the city is required to give back pay to the roughly 4,000 city employees who have been hired since 2012 and would have otherwise received a pension. However, that cannot be done until the initiative’s rules governing pensions are off the books.About two-thirds of San Diego voters approved Proposition B in 2012. Then-City Council members Carl DeMaio and Faulconer backed the initiative and have continued to do so despite the state Supreme Court ruling. Supporters have argued the initiative is not subject to the Meyers-Milias-Brown Act because it is not applicable to citizens’ initiatives.“The council’s vote today to invalidate Prop. B goes far beyond what any court — including the Supreme Court — has ordered the city to do,” City Councilman Mark Kersey said in a Twitter post. “We have the ability to make whole the affected employees without overturning the will of a near super- majority of voters in 2012.”The six Democrats on the technically nonpartisan council voted to back the unions in the quo warranto request while Republican City Council members Chris Cate and Scott Sherman and Kersey, an independent, voted against it. Cities up and down the state are grappling with unsustainable pension benefits, having to either cut benefits for retirees or increase taxes on their residents to make payments. 2/4 cc— Chris Cate (@chrisjcate) June 10, 2019center_img City Council sides with unions, backs effort to strike Prop. B from charter Posted: June 10, 2019 KUSI Newsroom Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img

Veteran Exec Exits Condé Nast People on the Move — 12517


first_img Additionally, Armando Turco will join Vox as the first GM of Vox Creative, to lead the company’s branded content division.  “To say he has contributed to Condé Nast over the years is a wild understatement — by all accounts, Pete has been a tireless and passionate advocate for our company and brands and he will be greatly missed,” Jim Norton, chief business officer and president of revenue at CN, said in a memo. Bloomberg News has named Chuck Stevens editor for top news in the Americas. Stevens has been with Bloomberg since 1996 and most recently served as editor of the Asia finance team. Hunsinger’s exit comes in advance of a broad consolidation that’s planned at the New York-based publisher. Norton — previously an AOL executive — was hired late last year to reorganize the company and help build its digital business. Here are the rest of this week’s people on the move: Pete Hunsinger, current chief revenue officer of Golf Digest, will leave Condé Nast after 36 years of service. He’s moving to a marketing role at a consumer goods start-up. Rebecca Leber has joined Mother Jones as a reporter, covering climate, energy and the environment. She was previously the news editor at Grist.center_img Vox Media has promoted Lindsay Nelson to the position of CMO. She served most recently as VP and head of global brand strategy at the company. Hunsinger served as CRO of Golf Digest since 2011, but has held various roles at Condé Nast, including VP and publisher of GQ. He was also a publisher at Vanity Fair, Architectural Digest and Gourmet. Emily Teel has been named editor-in-chief of Spoonful Magazine, a seasonal magazine and cookbook. She started at the brand as food editor with the launch of the magazine in Spring 2016. Emanuele Farneti has been named the new editor-in-chief of Vogue Italia. He most recently served as editor of GQ Italia. Alexandra Shulman, British Vogue’s longest serving editor, is leaving the brand. Her successor will be announced later this year.last_img read more


2020 Ford Expedition reintroduces countryposh King Ranch edition


first_img 2019 Cadillac Escalade review: Large, luxurious and long in the tooth 0 Post a comment Now playing: Watch this: 76 Photos Review • 2019 Ford Expedition Review More about 2019 Ford Expedition Max Platinum 2018 Ford Expedition Max Platinum: Large and luxurious More From Roadshow 2019 Ford Expedition Max Platinum: Large scale meets upscale 2020 Cadillac CT6 first drive: Going out with a Blackwing bang Ford Share your voice 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison: An off-road animal Tags Ford Enlarge ImageFord’s largest SUV is set to once again be crowned a king … of the ranch. Antuan Goodwin/Roadshow Last seen in 2017, the King Ranch name is coming back to the Ford Expedition, and it may be a tempting upgrade for buyers looking for just a little more bling.For the 2020 model year, Ford order guides show the big SUV will once again offer the King Ranch edition, slotting between the Limited and Platinum trims. Effectively, it might be a nice little half-step for buyers looking for extra gear without taking a full step into the expensive Platinum trim.CarsDirect, which first reported on the order guide on Friday, said the Expedition King Ranch will set a buyer back $74,290 after a mandatory destination charge. Adding four-wheel drive will cost an extra $3,130. It’ll also be available for both the standard Expedition and the larger Expedition Max; the latter will start at $76,985 including destination. Since Ford isn’t ready to show us the King Ranch just yet, all we can do is describe what’s set to differentiate the model from other Expeditions. Per the order guide, the exterior will sport a Stone Gray trim on the bumpers, roof rails and a set of power running boards. To beef things up further, there’ll be a set of 22-inch six-spoke aluminum wheels with painted pockets, too. Taking a seat inside the Expedition King Ranch will reveal loads of King Ranch branding, naturally. The interior will be awash in Del Rio leather with King Ranch logos embossed on each row of seats. The same logo will be present on the floor mats and aluminum door plates. A 360-degree camera with a split-view function will be standard equipment and the power-folding mirrors will match the rest of the exterior’s Stone Gray look.Ford hasn’t detailed the 2020 Expedition’s changes yet, but you can bet it will be keen to underscore the King Ranch’s return when it’s ready. SUVs 5:47last_img read more


Britain could attract 37bn funding to develop new antibiotics


first_imgClose A British government-backed review released on Thursday (14 May) is seeking billions of dollars to fund the development of 15 new antibiotics to counter antibiotic resistance.The review, led by former Goldman Sachs chief economist Jim ONeill, said the lump sum payments could add up to $16-$37bn (£10-23.5bn) over 10 years, but should only be made when companies have fully developed a successful bug-killing drug.Seen in a global context, and compared to the cost of inaction, its actually peanuts. Critically linked to that were also calling for an innovation fund, about $2bn perhaps over five years, that the pharmaceutical industry itself essentially finances, ONeill said.The review says that companies that develop new antibiotics should be awarded prize money of up to $3.5bn for each new drug, instead of selling the medication at a profit.Because if you come up with the specific incentives and rewards were suggesting to get them to produce more drugs, its essentially giving them a lot of financial relief. So we think its only right that they play a role in financing the research at the early stage, ONeill added.The prizes, of between $1.5bn and $3.5bn, should be funded in part by the pharma industry itself, ONeill said, probably also with input from national governments and the global taxpayer.I think the proposal were suggesting is better than what the pharma industry would like itself, which is much higher prices so they can just charge a lot more for it. I dont think that would be a better option for every individual in this country and elsewhere in the world, he said.The successful drugmaker would then be required to make no profit from its sales of the drugs to governments and healthcare providers around the world, ONeill added, saying this approach would de-link the profitability of a drug from its volume of sales.I think there are two core problems. Theres a demand problem and a supply problem. The paper weve published today focuses all about the supply issues of getting more drugs, he saidIn recent years, bugs resistant to multiple drugs have evolved at the same time as drugmakers have cut back investment in finding new ways to fight them, creating a global health threat as superbug strains of infections like tuberculosis and gonorrhoea have become untreatable.ONeill, who was asked last year by British Prime Minister David Cameron to take an economists view of the problem, said far too little is currently invested in hunting for new drugs against drug-resistant infections.In his initial report, ONeill estimated that anti-microbial resistance (AMR) could kill an extra 10 million people a year and cost up to $100tn by 2050 if it is not brought under control.ONeill has also proposed that a $2bn innovation fund financed by drug companies should be created to invest in early-stage research and speed up development of new medicines to fight drug-resistant superbugs.Sally Davies, the UK governments chief medical adviser, welcomed ONeills latest report, saying it would stimulate important conversations between governments, pharmaceutical companies and other funders.last_img read more


Colours of concern


first_imgThe Capital gears up for the fourth edition of India on Canvas that opens tomorrow. It is an endeavour that brings together some of the most eminent personalities with some of the greatest names in the art fraternity to jointly produce canvas that will be auctioned for Khushii (Kinship for Humanitarian, Social and Holistic Intervention in India), a non-governmental organisation led by a team of committed philanthropists and headed by legendary cricketer, Kapil Dev. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’The artworks are open for preview from January 9 till 15. India on Canvas, with its unusual concept, has been a successful platform in all its previous three editions, helping merge the divide between the underprivileged and the privileged.  The auction will take place on January 15 at the residence of the British High Commissioner, New Delhi.India on Canvas Edition IV will also see a work created by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi in collaboration with celebrated artist Satish Gupta. The painting titled Om NAMO Shivay is a tribute to Lord Shiva and is a beautiful melange of sculpture and painting on a single canvas. Also Read – Leslie doing new comedy special with NetflixThis edition of India on Canvas has also produced some extremely unique works of art ever created in India. Personalities such as the Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley, MC Mary Kom, Shahrukh Khan, Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi, Sister Shivani Brahamkumari,  Chetan Bhagat, Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, Rekha Vishal Bhardwaj and many respectable others spared their valuable time to paint for the cause just as they enjoyed discovering the creative side of their personality.  India on Canvas is also being supported by India Inc with names like Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Pinky Reddy, Harsh Neotia, Tarini Jindal, Amit Kalyani, Arti Kirloskar, Bindu Kapoor and many others lending their support. Some of the biggest names in Indian art such as Akbar Padamsee, Satish Gupta, GR Iranna, Sanjay Bhattacharya, Anjolie Ela Menon, Ranbir Kaleka, Paresh Maity, Jayasri Burman, Mithu Sen, TV Santosh, Bose Krishnamachari, Manu Parekh, Seema Kohli and others have put in their best efforts to accommodate the eminent Indians’ creativity and blend it with their own creative styles.When: January 9 – 15 Time: 11 am- 6pm Where: Khushii 45, Silver Oaks Farm, Vasant Kunjlast_img read more