Tag: 上海千花龙凤


Google Duplex arriving on iPhones more Android devices


first_img Now playing: Watch this: 1:06 Mobile Tags Get more from your appliances with a smart plug 0center_img Google Share your voice Google Duplex can make appointments for you.  Getty Images Google Duplex, the voice assistant that sounds remarkably human, is making its way to more devices. The new Google Assistant feature for booking restaurant reservations is rolling out for more Android and iOS devices in the US, a Google spokesperson confirmed Wednesday.The support page for Duplex, spotted earlier by 9to5Google, says Android devices running version 5.0 or later and iPhones with Google Assistant installed can use Duplex, but not everywhere. XDA Developers reported Wednesday  it was able to use Duplex on a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.Previously, Duplex was available only on Google’s Pixel phones. In March, Google said Duplex was expanding to Pixel owners in 43 states.Google Duplex was announced last May and boasted the ability to make calls on the user’s behalf. Instead of a robotic voice, Duplex has a voice that sounds human and uses “complex sentences, fast speech and long remarks.” The assistant can schedule appointments, make reservations and get information from businesses.To use Duplex, you need only ask Google Assistant to perform a task like booking a table or scheduling an appointment.Originally published April 3, 10:08 a.m. PT.Update, 10:32 a.m.: Adds confirmation from Google. Post a commentlast_img read more


10 dead scores missing after India mine collapse


first_imgPeople gather near the site of a coal mine collapse near Lalmatia in Godda district, in eastern Jharkhand state on December 30, 2016. Photo: AFPRescuers pulled out two more bodies Friday from the rubble of a collapsed coal mine in eastern India, taking the death toll to 10, police said, as many were still feared trapped.A massive mound of earth caved in late Thursday at the Lalmatia open cast mine in Jharkhand state, burying at least 23 miners and dozens of vehicles as hundreds of workers battled overnight to rescue them.“Up till now, 10 bodies have been recovered after two more were pulled out. Coal mine authorities believe that there may be 2-3 more dead bodies inside,” Jharkhand police spokesman, RK Mallick, told AFP.“Total dead should not be more than 13 or 14, as per assessment.”He added that it was difficult to know how many may be trapped, but said close to a dozen were still unaccounted for.Some of the workers had escaped the disaster site following the collapse, Mallick said, with unconfirmed media reports putting the number trapped at 50.Images showed the dead covered with white sheets on makeshift quilts as colleagues and locals looked on at the rescue efforts.Police and emergency workers used sniffer dogs, earth movers and their bare hands to remove giant rocks and mangled, overturned trucks to locate the trapped workers under tons of earth.Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed his grief on Twitter, promising to help the state government in its rescue operations.“Saddened by the loss of lives at a mine in Jharkhand. My prayers are with those trapped inside,” he said.Federal disaster and rescue authorities have dispatched more than 200 rescue workers to the site.The mine is operated by the government-owned Eastern Coalfields Limited. Its top official, Niladri Roy, told AFP that more than 250 metres (820 feet) of the mine collapsed as workers headed towards the exit around 7:30 pm Thursday.There was no immediate explanation for the collapse, but the government has launched an investigation into the “unprecedented” incident.In a separate incident on Thursday, four miners were injured at a government-run coal mine in Jharkhand’s Dhanbad district.A mine official said the workers were hit after the roof of the Putki Balihari coal mine partially collapsed. Two of the workers were critically injured.Jharkhand is one of the richest mineral zones in India, accounting for around 29 percent of the country’s coal deposits. However it is also one of India’s poorest areas and the epicentre of a Maoist insurgency.India has maintained a relatively safe record in mining-related accidents compared to neighbour China, which on average reports around 1,000 fatalities every year.In 2015, India recorded 38 deaths across 570 mining sites.The last major mining accident in India occurred in 1975, when 372 workers were killed following the flooding of Chasnala mine in Dhanbad.last_img read more


Making for a laugh or two


first_imgThese two comedians will have you ROFLing – this is our guarantee.Abijit Ganguly has been performing as a Stand-Up artist for three years now. His humour is essentially anything and everything he finds funny, be it stereotype observations, alcoholism, office experience, student life, relationships marriage comparison, Facebook, societal problems, middle class life, etc. Abijit has performed extensively in the cities of Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’Neeti Palta brings to the English Stand Up Comedy scene in India what it sorely lacks – a female perspective. Being amongst the only English female stand ups in the Indian circuit she has the unique advantage of presenting the female point of view on a variety of subjects – the life of a woman in India, Indian parents, uniquely Indian idiosyncrasies, current affairs(Ok, a lot of that).  She has done over 150 shows across Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Udaipur and Goa. Don’t miss them!WHEN: 5 January, 7pmWHERE: Alliance Francaise de Delhilast_img read more


Priya Cinema to open gates for Kolkatans after 6month hiatus


first_imgKolkata: After being closed for more than six months, the iconic Priya Cinema on Rashbehari Avenue of South Kolkata, will open its gates for cinephiles on Thursdayfor a special screening of Satyajit Ray’s cult classic Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne. The landmark single-screen theatre, which had been closed off in the month of August after a fire broke out during one of its late-night movie screenings, has now been revamped with state-of-the-art seating arrangements and fire safety equipment. Also Read – Bose & Gandhi: More similar than apart, says Sugata BoseThe opening of the theatre has created quite a buzz in Tollywood, as celebrities like Prosenjit Chatterjee, Kaushik Ganguly, Arindam Sil, Gautam Ghosh and Abir Chatterjee, among others, will be attending the special screening which will begin from 7 pm. Arijit Dutta, the managing director of Priya Entertainment Private Limited, said: “After receiving licence from the Fire department, the theatre will be restarted on Thursday evening, where we will have a special screening of Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne in the original black and white 35 mm print. We have particularly selected this movie for the screening as I feel that it is the most iconic Bengali movie ever made, which is of concern to the general public nationally as well as internationally.” Also Read – Rs 13,000 crore investment to provide 2 lakh jobs: MamataApart from the celebrities, a considerable number of moviegoers will also get a taste of the special screening as some passes have also been handed out to the general public free of cost, after announcements were made on social media about the same. Extending his regards to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her support, Dutta said: “We have installed the most modern fire safety equipment available in the market and the structures of the building, which is more than 65 years old, have also been repaired. The seating arrangements have also been refashioned as we have drastically increased the leg space by bringing down the number of seats from 930 to 540, apart from installing recliner sofas. We have also done some revamping to the interiors as the lobby has been done up differently.” Followed by Thursday’s special screening, the theatre will screen movies like Kaushik Ganguly’s Nagarkirtan, along with shows of Double Dhamaal and Gully Boy on Friday.last_img read more


Theatre Institution or a stepping stone


first_img“Despite the onset of cinema and the explosion in the digital space, theatre has still not lost its sheen,” says Rakesh Bedi, a highly acclaimed actor known for his contributions in the theatre, film and television industry. He feels that approximately 3000 years old art form – which has always been a powerful medium of expression – just cannot be replaced by the new emerging media.But what makes it stand out from the rest?Bedi feels the secret lies in theatre’s responsibility of reflecting the reality of society. “Just like cinema, the theatre also tries to show the real face of the society. However, cinema is obliged to situations that are commercially prevailing and thus may not have the complete liberty. Theatre definitely portrays the real face of society and people enjoy seeing their own reflection on stage”, says Bedi, who has been working for 10 years in the industry. Also Read – Add new books to your shelfBut above all, what’s interesting to note is how theatre is catching the eye of millennials. They are no more interested to sit back as the audience but are willingly exhibiting their enthusiasm through active participation. Is that because theatre is being used as a launchpad for aspiring actors who wish to become a part of the showbiz industry? Though theatre has produced uncountable talented gems including Naseeruddin Shah, Shabana Azmi Rajkummar Rao, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, who later went to explore the film industry, It doesn’t seem ethical to use the platform as a stepping stone to enter the world of showbiz. Also Read – Over 2 hours screen time daily will make your kids impulsiveBedi however does not find any harm in it.”I don’t see any harm if some youngsters join theatre as a stepping stone towards cinema or any other career in the world of media or television. But youngsters must understand that it is not a stepping stone but an institution and space where you practice your art. Theatre gives artists a platform to experiment with various subjects, improve their craft and experience subjects which may not be available if they are doing just cinema,” explain Bedi, who is in the town to perform ingenious, funny and brilliantly crafted masterpiece, ‘Wrong Number’. The play will bring together actors like Tanaaz Irani, Delnaaz Irani, Avtar Gill, Kishwar Merchant, Rajesh Puri and Rahul Bhuchar. Despite the growing popularity, theatre as a full-time profession is still considered to be a risk in India. Pointing towards the reasons behind the insecurity, Bedi further said, “The mind-set of people has been to watch theatre for free since they don’t want to buy tickets. They might buy expensive tickets for cinema but still hold back when it comes to buying expensive theatre tickets. However, the mind-set is changing now and especially in a city like Delhi, I have seen it change over the past 15 years. Audiences in the metros are willing to spend money if the content, performances and the production is good. But a lot of change needs to occur in the mind sets of those living in smaller cities. Immense hard work is being done by theatre enthusiasts and production houses to promote theatre aggressively across India.”The veteran actor is extremely excited and looking forward to the first performance of ‘Wrong Number’, which will be staged on May 20 at the Kamani auditorium. Sharing his joy, Bedi stated, “All the actors in the play are well known to me for many years as we have worked together on different projects at different times. Working with them feels like home. There are a lot of incidents that I would like to share but frankly, the fun of this play was that the entire cast went beyond the confines of the script and that’s what makes this play extremely special.”last_img read more


Tuscaloosa Police are still searching for the man


first_imgTuscaloosa Police are still searching for the man they say is responsible for killing a Tuscaloosa County teen last week.Jalen Merriweather, 18, spent Thursday doing what he loved most: playing basketball. That day, the Holt High School basketball team won their area championship. But it was also Jalen’s last full day of life.Donald Robertson, 48, has been at large for nearly three days after the Friday night shooting. Witnesses said Jalen was killed because he stood up for his sister, who was being repeatedly struck by Robertson.Police said Robertson also attempted killing Jalen’s sister and a 15-year-old inside the home at Broadmoore Gardens apartments.“(Jalen) was doing the right thing,” said Tuscaloosa Metro Homicide Unit Lt. Kip Hart. “He was trying to protect his sister. I think any brother would do that.”Authorities said they’ve gotten several leads and believe Robertson is still in the area.“He is very dangerous,” Hart said. “He killed an 18-year-old who was just trying to help his sister. He almost killed a 15-year-old. He almost killed a 30-year-old. Based on what he is looking at down the road, I think we have a lot of concern for those who come in contact with him.”Robertson is wanted on charges of murder, attempted murder and robbery. If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact Tuscaloosa Crime Stoppers at 205-752-7867.last_img read more