The coronavirus-delayed Chinese Super League (CSL) season is scheduled to begin in late June or early July, a club chairman says.Suspended leagues across the world, including in Europe, will be watching the CSL with interest as an indicator of the challenges they face in relaunching their own competitions.The campaign was supposed to start on February 22 but was indefinitely postponed by the pandemic, which emerged in China in December before spreading worldwide. Marouane Fellaini, the former Manchester United midfielder, is the only known coronavirus case in the CSL.He was released from hospital last week and is under further observation, although he was not seriously ill. Topics : “Based on the assessment of the current situation, the new season will start at the end of June or beginning of July,” said Guangzhou R&F chairman Huang Shenghua, according to state media.Huang said that the season will be able to take place in full with each team playing the allotted 30 matches.The media reports did not indicate whether a formal announcement was expected from the Chinese Football Association.China says that it has curbed coronavirus at home but is now concerned about a second wave of imported infections from people entering the country from overseas.
“We are carrying out a search operation for the four missing crew members. We have enlisted the support of fishermen based in the region, but so far there are no signs of the crew members,” Aris Sofingi, who helms the local Basarnas, said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.KM Yuliner, which was carrying cement, left for Wakotobi regency in Southeast Sulawesi from Pangkep Port in South Sulawesi on Tuesday.Read also: Police to question person putting Southeast Sulawesi island up for sale onlineHowever, the cargo vessel caught on fire midway through its journey. The cause of the fire remains unclear at the time of writing.Both the survivor and casualty were found 18 nautical miles west of the vessel’s last known position.The team deployed by Basarnas is currently combing the location in the hope of finding the missing crew members.“We hope we can find all of them regardless of their condition,” Aris said. (rfa)Topics : One of six crew members aboard KM Yuliner was killed when the cargo ship burst into flames off the coast of South Buton regency, Southeast Sulawesi on Tuesday.Four other crew members went missing following the fire, while one survivor has been recovered.The Kendari National Search and Rescue Agency (Basarnas) has since deployed personnel to find the missing people.
The penthouse features original Versace furniture. There are three large bedrooms.That apartment belonged to property development company owner Ron Bakir, who spent several million dollars turning what was a floor of ex-Raptis Group offices into a luxe penthouse, before listing the property for $12.5 million then cutting it to $9.95 million.“(The sale) gives me really good confidence in this complex,” said Mr Puljich, who is determined to sell soon after buying land at Paradise Waters.“It’s in the best location, right near everything.”The property is listed through Tolemy Stevens of Harcourts Luxury — Prestige Specialist. The spacious skyhome is the epitome of luxury.The builder and developer lived in the luxury penthouse with his late wife, and one of the couple’s four sons. “I travel all the time and it’s a good time to put it on the market so I decided to sell,” Mr Puljich said.“In this market it’s a fair price, it’s probably a discounted price.”The property features original Versace furniture and an opulent interior — think hand-sponged paint finishes, ornate inlaid and mirror-finish timber, Italian Crema marble floors, gilt and milk-glass light fittings and rich gold and black tapestry fabrics. The regal style is offset by the glittering views of the city, beaches and waterways from most rooms.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach Northless than 1 hour ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa20 hours agoPeter Puljich, vendor of 2481/23 Ferny Ave, Surfers Paradise. “We have three bedrooms, all with ensuites and all nicely appointed,” said Mr Puljich. “Although it’s the best position in the middle of Surfers, it’s very quiet up here.”Mr Puljich said the rooftop terrace, semi-enclosed and decked out with an indoor-outdoor dining room and barbecue kitchen, was one of the best vantage points to soak up the sun, which streamed through the north-facing penthouse on the 48th and 49th floors.“It is set up to be all-weather so it is nice to see the view of the sun coming up in the morning all the way through to the sun setting,” he said.The top level also features a large swimming pool, tiled in glass mosaics and offering sublime views. 2481/23 Ferny Ave, Surfers Paradise is on the market for $4.495 negotiable.ANOTHER penthouse in Chevron Renaissance has hit the market, just days after its neighbour set the Gold Coast penthouse record.The tower two northern penthouse has been listed for $4.495 million by its owner, retirement village developer Peter Puljich who bought off the plan in 2007. Each bedroom has a marble-lined ensuite. The rooftop terrace is suitable for all weather.Inside, the property boasts four high-speed security lifts, a soundproof cinema room with cocktail bar, twin studies and a casual lounge among its features.The spectacular skyhome is in good company, following the sale of the tower one penthouse for a record $9.5 million. Soaring windows make the most of the views.
The European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) has questioned why the European Union’s first-pillar pension systems are exempt from disclosure requirements that could be imposed on personal pensions.Justin Wray, the supervisor’s head of policy, noted that funded first-pillar systems (first pillar BIS), especially those established by Central and Eastern European (CEE) member states, essentially shared the same characteristics as third-pillar pensions.He told the European Association of Paritarian Institutions of Social Protection’s (AEIP) annual transatlantic conference in Frankfurt that it was “desirable” for more consistent consumer protection and action on personal pensions across Europe, but he fell short of calling for changes that would allow EIOPA to impose standards on the first pillar.Instead, Wray stressed that it was a political matter, as social and labour law governing the first-pillar system is currently solely a matter for individual member states. Asked by IPE to clarify, Wray added: “The question of a European approach to first-pillar BIS is essentially for the Commission. It is a question for the Commission to consider with the member states, a political decision.“What we do is note that there are similarities. We carefully define what we see as the characteristics of personal pensions, and we see that there are similarities with first-pillar BIS arrangements in many member states. We leave up to the political parties what should be done about that.“It is a ‘noting’, rather than saying ‘therefore, EIOPA will take action’ because it is not for us in the first instance.”Many of the funded CEE first-pillar systems were set up by diverting part of the pay-as-you-go contribution, resulting in budget pressures that saw significant changes to Poland’s open pension funds (OFEs).As part of the changes, the Polish state reclaimed all Polish government debt from the OFEs, transferring responsibility for payments of the associated benefits to the Polish Social Insurance Institution (ZUS) and nearly cutting the system’s size in half.EIOPA first asked the industry if first-pillar BIS schemes should be subject to universal regulations when it last year launched a consultation on the creation of a Europe-wide personal pension product (PPP).In its subsequent report on the PPP market, published in February, it noted that, as the first-pillar systems were based around DC, its members could still be exposed to the same risks as members of PPPs.“First-pillar BIS members should be (made) aware of the effect of costs and could benefit from EU-wide disclosure rules, in the same way holders of regular PPPs do,” it said at the time.“Therefore, for the sake of consistency with PPPs, it seems to be feasible to have a similar standard for transparency and disclosure of information to members of first-pillar BIS schemes.”
We will tentatively hot lap at 7:30 a.m. for those drivers interested in doing so. We will race the Friday program on Saturday afternoon/evening. We will move the Saturday nightChampionship program to Sunday at 9 a.m. We will offer all THURSDAY night one-day wristbands a refund from 4-5 p.m. TODAY ONLY if you cannot attend tomorrow. The wristband MUST be on your wrist. No mail-ins and no refunds for wristbands removed before you get to the pit shack. Go to the main pit shack and we will remove the wristband and refund for that one-day wristband only (it’s red). We will run all race formats in their entirety. The Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational race will be Saturday evening. No events will be canceled and the weather should permit all racing to occur. WE WILL HONOR ALL THURSDAY ONE-DAY WRISTBANDS ON SATURDAY MORNING. After the Thursday program is complete, we will require everyone to vacate the pits and grandstands and re-enter for the next scheduled qualifying program. You do not need to get a refund if you plan to attend Saturday morning. We will not refund any weeklong wristbands as we fully intend to complete all scheduling racing programs. We will open the DRAW for the FRIDAY qualifying program from 4-6 p.m. tonight and again tomorrow morning at 7 a.m. ATTENTION FRIDAY UPDATE: 4 P.M.: BOONE, Iowa - We are officially postponing the Thursday nightSuper Nationals qualifying program to Saturday morning at 9 a.m. We appreciate your support and patience.
Instead, Sean St Ledger will once again partner John O’Shea at the heart of Giovanni Trapattoni’s rearguard. Wes Hoolahan will start his second successive game as he and Simon Cox replace the suspended James McCarthy and Shane Long. Team: David Forde; Seamus Coleman, John O’Shea, Sean St Ledger, Marc Wilson; Simon Cox, Glenn Whelan, Wes Hoolahan, Aiden McGeady; Robbie Keane (captain), Jon Walters. Robbie Keane will make a record-breaking 126th appearance for Ireland in Friday night’s World Cup qualifier against the Faroe Islands. Press Association The 32-year-old Los Angeles Galaxy striker, who moved level with Shay Given at the weekend, will captain Ireland as they attempt to claim three vital points. Keeper David Forde has recovered from a calf injury but there will be no place in the starting line-up for central defender Richard Dunne despite his return from a year-long injury nightmare against Georgia on Sunday.
MONTE-CARLO, Monaco (CMC) – Superstar sprinter Usain Bolt says he hopes to remain involved in athletics even after retiring following the London World Championships next month.The Jamaican will compete in his final Diamond League here today before also bringing an end to his glittering career at the August 4-13 showpiece at the Olympic Stadium.“There are a lot of directions I could go, but one thing I know is that I’ll definitely be close with track and field,” the 30-year-old told reporters here.“I’ll try my best to stay as close as possible to sport, stay in sports and try to educate young athletes coming up and what it’s all about to be a champion.”Bolt will walk away from the sport as the most decorated sprinter ever after dominating every Olympic Games and World Championship since shooting to international stardom in 2008.And after winning unprecedented double sprint titles at the 2008, 2012 and 2016 Olympiads and also having similar success at the Berlin, Moscow and Beijing World Championships, Bolt said it was time to call it quits.“I’ve done everything that I possibly can in this sport,” he said, before recalling a conversation he had with great former American track star Michael Johnson.“I asked (him) because I was surprised when I heard he retired. I said, ‘Why did you retire? You were dominating so much.’ And he said, ‘I’ve done everything I wanted to do, I’ve accomplished all my goals.’ And that’s how I feel at this point. I decided that it’s just time.”Bolt’s retirement has coincided with the rise of the exciting South African Wayde van Niekerk, the reigning World and Olympic 400 metres champion and record-holder.van Niekerk is tipped to dominate the 200 metres in the future but Bolt said the 25-year-old had arrived on the scene too late to forge a rivalry.“I think that’s one of the most disappointing things in my career now. He came along at this late stage and I didn’t get to compete against him, because I think he’s one of the best now,” Bolt said.“I’m never afraid, I live for competition. But for me it’s too late now, I’m at the end of my career. We’ll never know what could happen.”
Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on September 9, 2017 at 11:22 pm Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | @jtbloss Just like the first 59 minutes of football, Syracuse had its chance. On the final play for SU, wide receiver Steve Ishmael took a sharp cut back to the middle away from the right sideline. Quarterback Eric Dungey rolled toward him and fired a pass. The completion was good for 14 yards. But it needed to be 15 yards for Syracuse to keep the drive alive.Seconds later, Middle Tennessee State (1-1) took a knee to seal a 30-23 victory over Syracuse (1-1). The one-yard deficit marked the last shortcoming of a game full of them for the Orange. Despite the defense’s success early on, Syracuse’s offense was unable to beat MTSU’s defense, one led by former SU head coach Scott Shafer. He was fired at the end of 2015 and his successor, Dino Babers, admitted he didn’t prepare the Orange for the emotional challenge that Saturday night presented.“There’s nobody to blame but myself,” SU head coach Dino Babers said. “It’s my job to get them ready. They weren’t ready.”Syracuse did not gain a first down until the second quarter. Linebacker Jonathan Thomas returned an interception to MTSU’s four-yard line in the first, but SU only went backwards before kicking a field goal to take its first lead, 3-2 (Middle Tennessee forced a safety after a high snap on a Syracuse punt). The Orange saw two more first-half takeaways to give the offense an opportunity to score and while one resulted in a Dontae Strickland touchdown, SU failed to capitalize.On one second-quarter possession, SU found itself in a first-and-goal situation. For three straight plays, Chris Elmore, Ravian Pierce and Moe Neal stacked up behind Dungey. Two handoffs went to Elmore. One went to Neal. On fourth and eight, Dungey appeared to have a free play when a defensive lineman moved early. But he didn’t as a pass to Ishmael fell incomplete. Dungey pleaded for an explanation from the refs.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“You don’t get to replay it,” Babers said. “You only get one or two chances and once it goes down the you-know-what then it’s no good for you.”The next Syracuse trip, which also journeyed inside the 10-yard line, finished with just a field goal. Ishmael and Jamal Custis dropped multiple passes. Custis later left the game with an apparent injury and was seen wearing a sling on the sideline.Through it all, Syracuse’s defense kept it in the game. The Orange led at halftime, 13-9. Then the Blue Raiders adjusted and late in the third quarter, SU lost the lead it owned since 12 minutes into the game.It started on a third down. Fans roared as they had all afternoon in support of Syracuse’s defense. Then, as he’s done his entire career, Middle Tennessee State’s Richie James hauled in a pass. The Carrier Dome fell quiet as he flew over the middle of the field. He crossed the goal line for a game-tying 28-yard touchdown, the first of three consecutive drives that would finish in a score.Syracuse had the chance to answer. On the next drive SU reached field goal range before Cole Murphy missed from 40 yards outt.“We just have to get better and just limit our mistakes,” Ishmael said.On the ensuing MTSU possession, Ty Lee ran a 48-yard streak through the seam of Syracuse’s secondary. He beat cornerback Chris Fredrick and gave MTSU a seven-point lead. Then, with 11 minutes left, Dungey tucked the ball on a designed run and plugged through the middle of the field 29 yards for a touchdown to tie the game.But again, MTSU replied with the final blow Syracuse lacked. Running back Shane Tucker capped a 10-play drive by leaping over Syracuse’s Juwan Dowels into the endzone. Syracuse’s next chance ended with a Dungey interception.“Coach Shafer, he’s a genius,” Dungey said. “He gave us stuff we hadn’t seen before, a bunch of different disguises.”Shafer, the “genius” who bested the team that thought he was a better fit elsewhere. Comments
Thurles man Greg Broderick was told yesterday that he’d be representing Ireland in showjumping at the Olympics. The 38-year-old Grangemockler native, who’s based in Devon in England, has been selected on the Irish eventing team to travel to Brazil.Clare Abbott, Jonty Evans and Mark Kyle are the other members of the squad chosen by manager Nick Turner.McCarthy is the second native of the Premier County to get good news this week.
They will be trying to stop St Kierans of Kilkenny from making it 4 Croke Cup victories in a row.Our Lady’s have lifted the trophy just once before in 1978 while the Kilkenny outfit have won it a record 21 times.Templemore manager Tom Byrnes says he and coach Noelie Fogarty have been encouraging the players to look on this as just another game in a bid to keep nerves at bay. Throw in is at 4 o’clock this afternoon in Semple Stadium and Tipp FM will have live coverage in association with Boomerang Horse and Country Store, Dublin Road, Thurles.